Counting Down The Pounds

Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Week In and What About Exercise?

Today marks one week since my first weigh in (with my Biggest Loser girls).  I'm down 8.3lbs.  Woohoo!  That marks the most weight I've ever lost in one week.

Yes, I'm still enjoying eating freezer meals for lunch and dinner (Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine offer many preservative free/better choice options).  I'm adding a cup of zucchini, a cup of mushrooms and 3 spears of asparagus (all pan sauteed with a dab of olive oil, Celtic Sea Salt and pepper) with each lunch and dinner... I'm also usually adding a salad of organic mixed salad greens with a drizzle of full fat ranch.  I haven't gotten tired of this veggie combo yet... after all, they are my favs.

A typical daily menu looks like this:

6am: 1 cup Post Shredded Wheat Vanilla w/ 1/2 cup almond milk  (240 calories, 3 grams fat)
8am: 1 cup coffee w/ 2 Tbs ff creamer and 2 Tbs good creamer, 1 banana (150 calories, 4 grams fat)
11am: Lean Cuisine meal, 3 cups sauteed veggies, Crystal Light Pure Fitness- Lemon/Lime (cal depending on meal chosen, I keep lunch calories under 450, fat under 15grams)
2pm: garden salad or airpop popcorn (160 cals, 5 grams fat if dressing on salad)
4pm: Apple slices or carrots  (50-60 calories can add a bit of ranch or pudding dip)
6pm: Lean Cuisine meal, 3 cups veggies, garden salad w/ ranch (cals and fat vary based on meal variety, dinner total under 600 cals/15 grams fat)

On the high end this gives me 1480 calories and 45 grams of fat (if fat is high end per meal and added to snacks).

I try to stay about 1200 calories and 35 grams of fat to keep my body out of starvation mode.   

In addition to the Crystal Light Pure Fitness, I'm also drinking plain water.  I generally drink 1 Pure Fitness a day (16 ounces total/divided by two meals) and I try for another 32 ounces of water a day, plus 8 ounces of coffee.  This isn't perfect, but I also know that the large amount of fresh veggies I'm eating daily add water also. 

Now, EXERCISE (isn't that a four letter word?).  I'm a moderate activity level person.  At this time, I'm maintaining that activity level.  That means, walking at least 2 miles a minimum of 3 times a week or doing some other sort of physical activity that burns 150-250 calories (mowing the grass, dancing, walking, etc...).

I'm also signed up for both ballet and tap starting this summer.  And I hope to add a third dance day of line dancing... with five active kids going for three nights of dance a week might prove too difficult.

To kick start the morning, I'm starting with 30 minutes of yoga.  This is for relaxation, breathing, over all well being, and please let it be so flexibility. 

Back in the day, I did one hour of high impact aerobics, 5 times a week.  I was graded... therefore, I worked hard.  I'm not sure that I will reach that level at this stage of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment