Counting Down The Pounds

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Journey Begins

I have a plan.

I know that accountability (peer pressure, call it what you will) helps keep me on track. 

In high school, I worked out like a demon was after me because I got a grade for it.  Accountability.

I recently joined a group of local ladies who are all in various stages of their weight loss journeys.  We are holding a competition among ourselves.  The are no rules or regulations... no you must do it this way or that... no work out requirements.  It's simply a group of ladies (currently 8) who have decided to use a monetary incentive to lose weight. So we each add $10 to the monthly pot at weigh in.  Whichever lady has lost the highest percentage that month wins the pot of cash.  That's enough incentive for me, I don't like to lose! In addition to monthly weigh ins, we are also doing monthly body photos to chart our improvement.  I'll post those on here once I receive a digital copy. Our next weigh in is May 8th.  So far, I've lost a little over 2% in less than a week... if I continue at this pace, I'm pretty confident of a win.

Stay tuned for my weight loss plan of action!

No comments:

Post a Comment