Counting Down The Pounds

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crystal Light Pure Fitness

Otherwise known as when I shamelessly plug a new product with no incentive whatsoever.  No, I wasn't sent samples.  No one is paying me.  No one asked me to talk about this product.

We watch limited TV in our household... but during one of those times (I think I was on TLC watching What Not to Wear), I saw a commercial for Crystal Light Pure Fitness.  I found this intriguing because we are a natural household and I don't buy Crystal Light because it has artificial sweetners, flavors and probably colors as well.

From the box, I figured Stevia was used to sweeten the product.  I was correct, but it also contains cane sugar.  All flavors and colors are naturally derived.  The package is also labeled GLUTEN FREE, which means it is safe for my children (I should be GF as well... but that's another story and we will get back to it eventually).

Each packet makes 16.9 ounces of flavored water.  We are a water bottle free family, so I simply pour the packet into a large glass, add 2 cups of water, a few ice cubes and stir it well.  I generally drink one cup (half packet) with each of two meals.  I mix it up once, enjoy some and refrigerate the remainder for later.  Each serving (1/2 packet) has only 15 calories.  For a reformed soda addict, this is good news!

At our grocery, I was only able to locate lemon lime and kiwi strawberry... I'd love to try more flavors, especially pink lemonade but I it hasn't been created!  The website boasts a grape flavor as well... not sure if I'd like that one!


This week, Safeway stores in my area have Crystal Light on sale, 2 for $5.00.  In the front of the store, there with the buy 5 save $5 displays, there was a packet of additional coupons.  One was $2.00 off Crystal Light... so my 2 boxes cost $3.00.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that these did contain that new Truvia sweetener. What have you heard about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marci,

    I haven't heard a lot about Truvia, but it's a combination of stevia, erythritol and natural flavors. I'm ok with that since these are natural sweeteners... If someone has info about the safety of erythritol, I'd love to hear!

    ReplyDelete