Counting Down The Pounds

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cleansing... AGAIN!

I'm at 16.1 lbs down... which is good, no it's GREAT.  But, it's now coming off SLOW.  And I'm impatient, remember? (I know I should be happy with another 1.1 lbs gone in this past week... heck, if I lose a pound a week, that's 52 lbs/year, right... and that rocks. But I want faster results, especially since I am working my butt off, literally!).

I'm doing circuit training 4-5x's week (my goal is 6, but who knows when that's going to actually be a reality) and trying to get walking/swimming/etc... in at least 3 days a week as well.  The good news... I'm already seeing body changes with 2 weeks of regular work outs under my belt... increased muscle tone... ability to get through the circuit easier while maintaining a fat burning cardio rate.

I've changed my diet (low carb, high protein)... in an attempt to hit another spurt of rapid loss... it doesn't seem to be working.

So, I decided to do a heavy cleanse/fast today.  Yuck, I know.

I'm doing Isagenix Cleanse for Life (4oz 4x/day) and lots of water.  The only food I get is... organic apple slices and a few almonds.  Yes, I'm starving.  Someone mentioned that I'll be enjoying headaches today as well... that'll be awesome, especially since I have one very unhappy toddler here today.

The point to this is to detox my body... especially since I've only been off the soda for a couple months (I did a gentle 14 day cleanse already) and I had some cheating going on last week. 

In other news, I spent a good part of yesterday verifying my Naturopathic coverage on our health insurance and booking my annual exam with our ND friend (who rocks, BTW).  I'm excited about this for a couple of reasons...

* No MD means no mention of the dreaded hysterectomy that I've been assured is in  my future
* No MD means not having to fight off (again) prescriptions for Metformin and HRT for PCOS
* No MD means natural thyroid and hormone therapy if needed instead of drugs to mask the problems

Here's an interesting thought... I've been 20-65ish pounds overweight for my entire adult life (since the flare of PCOS and subsequent hormone/fertility treatments).  Not one of my doctors has every addressed my weight as a health concern, because to them, I'm healthy... as in, my cholesterol, BP, sugars, etc... are all just fine.  The only times my weight has been discussed at all was during pregnancy because I was losing weight (also the only time in life my thyroid was over active). 

Even though my docs can say I'm healthy... blah blah blah... I know that I'm on the fast track to diabetes.  How do I know this (and my doctors should as well)?  My family history... EVERY.SINGLE.ADULT.WOMAN on my Mom's side has developed diabetes between late 30's-40's... and most of the men as well.  My father also has diabetes.  I also have PCOS which has been linked to insulin resistance.  I had a 9lb 7oz newborn (in a pregnancy where my blood sugar was not checked).  And the list goes on.

Optimum Health? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment