Counting Down The Pounds

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cheater, Cheater... Dieting in a Fast Food World

Okay, no yelling.  I'm quite aware that fast food goes against good nutrition and optimum health.  I know, really.  But it was one of THOSE days.  You know what I'm talking about.
Today started out with Mommy needing to be in two places at once, doesn't work, you know?  Kelsey(5) and Kenzie(8) had dance recital pictures are 9am... Kaylee(9) and Kenzie also had First Communion Retreat beginning at 9am.  Thankfully, the two locations were a block from one another.  So, I dropped Kaylee off at the church and buzzed over to the dance studio.  Problem was, I didn't even get breakfast!  I woke up two hours before we needed to leave the house... began getting kids up, set oats to cooking for breakfast and started on the whole hair in buns, costumes on, cleaning up the house, morning ordeal. 

My children WHERE NOT cooperating.  I don't know what the deal was this morning...

Long story short, we loaded up in the car, with not enough time to spare (I had to stop at the grocery for fruit and veggies to take for luncheon potluck before 9am drop offs!). 

Then I realized, dang it, no breakfast for Mommy. The girls ate and the rest of the oats were still sitting on the stove top.

Well, I lasted until 10am, photos were done, girls were changed and we had joined my older daughter at the church.  I couldn't take the hunger anymore!

So, I did what any American would do... I ran to MCDONALD's.

Breakfast consisted of 1 english muffin + egg (I paid $1.94 for a sausage mcmuffin w/ egg and left the sausage and cheese off, funny how a no egg muffin would have only been $1.00) ~240 calories/9grams fat.

Once the lunch potluck rolled around, I was busy running around setting up food and obtaining proper serving utensils and making sure my celiac girl had safe foods to eat... by the time I made it to the food line, it was pretty depleted.  I had a 1" section of turkey sandwich and some fresh fruit (out of season and not tasty) and a few veggies. 

4PM found us at the bowling alley for a Bday party (in between, we ran shopping for a gift, then home to clean the floors and start laundry).  I was STARVING.  So, we ran back to MCDONALD's (hey, that's all our town has).  This time I had a plain hamburger and a parfait~ 410 calories, 11grams fat.

After the bowling party, I ran back home to grab a few forgotten items.  Then I headed out to drop the girls off (30 minutes away) for a weekend visit. 

I finally arrived back home at 7:30 PM.  Hubs was ready to walk out the door, he needed to make keys and I needed some groceries. 

We finished grocery shopping at 9PM. Hubs was starving.  I was so-so.  We stopped at Burger King, because it was next door to the grocery store we were at, one town over.  I ordered a tendergrill chicken salad with light Italian dressing and water.  The salad was frozen.  I kid you not.  I received conflicting dietary information.  The salad container stated 160 calories and 4 grams fat.  The dressing stated 120 calories and 11 grams fat (in 2 ounces, I only used 1/4th).  The chicken didn't have nutrition info on the package.  Our tray paper showed my salad (with the light Italian dressing)+ apple fries + water for 400 calories.  The website stated just my salad had 300 calories and 10 grams of fat.  Since I used 1/4th of the dressing, I'll add 30 calories and 3 grams of fat for a total of 330 calories, 13 grams fat.

Daily total= 980calories / 33 grams fat.  So, even with my tiny snacks at church, I was WELL under my daily goal.  However, it's 11PM and my belly is growling because I didn't eat my normal 6 meals today.  I won't be snacking before bed though.

*Tomorrow I'm back to healthy foods
**I don't recommend eating as I have today... it's not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment