Counting Down The Pounds

Monday, June 4, 2012

Pounds and Inches

As of today I'm down 16.2 lbs and 19.5 inches (although 3 of those inches are from my bust. . . I'm afraid the pretty, perky, well endowed bust I've always enjoyed may be going bye-bye).   I'd love to double those numbers a month from now so I've switched up my routine AGAIN. :-)  I know that I'm gaining more muscle from working out and that muscle weighs more than fat, but I'd still like to see the fat melt off a bit quicker.

I've been researching Atkins.  It's really not that different from Paleo so I'm going to combine the two.  I don't believe in artificial anything (sweeteners, colors, low carb frankenfoods), so I'll be skipping all that.  I am going to take the Atkins phases approach to our Paleo eating.  The last couple days I've spent monitoring my carbs and helping my body adjust (I've been known to get really weak and sick from drastic dietary changes).  Yesterday, I had about 55 grams of carbohydrates, today I had about 38.  Tomorrow I will drop down to 20 grams and full Induction phase for at least two weeks.   I've been peeing like crazy and had ketosis breath, so I'm pretty sure I've been low enough carb for my body anyway but I'm going to follow the carb plan laid out in Atkins.  During induction I am going to try to limit my cheese if possible (like in the 21 day sugar detox), although I may need the extra fat until I can add nuts in a couple weeks.

Where I'm struggling. . . I really like my coffee and it needs to be sweet.  I've tried the sugar free syrups and heavy cream but I just can't get over the fake sugar taste.  As it is, I'm wasting my morning coffee, which maybe is a good thing?

After at least two weeks (or more realistically at least 10 more pounds lost), I will add in 5 grams of carbohydrates each week as long as I continue to lose weight (obviously slower than in induction).  The first thing I will do is add an extra serving of vegetables.  The following week, I will add a serving of almonds or almond butter.  After that I will add a serving of berries so I can enjoy the berries and cream I've been dreaming of.  If my weight stalls out, I will probably try to restrict cheese before removing these additions as I want a full balanced diet.

What I've realized is that my body rests happily in its zone once I've adjusted to a way of eating. . . I'm not sure if this is metabolic resistance (metabolism B) or what. . . What I do know is that I have to change things up fairly frequently in order to maintain a good weight loss. 

Reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution (2002 edition) makes me think I can be as thin as ever. . . dare I hope for a size 0-2?  At this point, I have a goal in mind and that goal is 35.4 lbs away still. . . once I achieve it, we shall see if my body can go lower still.  

No comments:

Post a Comment