Counting Down The Pounds

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Daily Menus

What have I been eating in this Paleo/Low Carb World I now live in. . .

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with diced ham
Lunch- extra lean turkey burger patty topped with herb cheddar cheese and mixed baby greens
Dinner- rosemary tri tip roast with cucumbers and mixed baby greens topped with full fat ranch
Snacks- 10 lg. olives, hard boiled eggs
Water- lots and lots.  My method is to keep a small glass (think juice glass) on the counter top and chug one at least once an hour.  If I sip, I don't get enough in.  So I walk over, fill the glass (my holds just about 8 ounces) and down it in a minute or so.  The water is kept at room temp in my filter pitchers.
Other beverages- occasionally (no more than one a day) I'll have a tall glass of Crystal Light Pure Lemon (30 calories and 6 carbs in the full packet).

Breakfast- grilled ham steak w/ sauteed mushrooms (1/2 cup before cooking)
Lunch- Lg. salad w/ cucumbers & broccoli topped with grilled chicken, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and topped with Ranch dressing.
Dinner- grilled shrimp & scallop skewers, cooked broccoli topped with herb butter.
Snacks- cheese stick & 5 cherry tomatoes, or 2 celery stalks w/ cream cheese.
Water repeat day 1 protocol
Other beverages- iced coffee 

Our new favorite ways to get more veggies in:  Cauliflower soup and pizza crust (post coming soon!). 

I'm going to reduce my butter use starting tomorrow. . . I've been using it to cook all my eggs and meat in. . . and I'm losing weight, but honestly between that and the cheese my skin is feeling kind of oily vs. just well hydrated.   My Atkins get started pack arrived today. . . I'm not a fan of anything artificial so the bars and shakes will probably be slim to none in our house (I did buy a box of chocolates to try and a pack of shakes for my sister who is doing this with me and having a very hard time wanting sweets.)  Anyway, the get started pack has a meal plan listed in it. . . the menus give you the option of a real meal -OR- an Atkins replacement product (of course, they want to sell things, right?).  Here's a sample day from that plan (this should illustrate that this isn't a bacon/mega high fat diet):

Breakfast- 2 poached eggs, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 2 lg. tomato slices, 2 marinated artichoke hearts, 2 Tbsp hollandaise sauce (recipes on Atkins.com).
Snack 5 cherry tomatoes, 2 Tbsp Aioli -OR- Atkins Day Break Chocolate Hazelnut Bar
Lunch- sauteed halibut, 1 Tbsp Herb-Butter Blend, zucchini and jicama salad
snack- 2 stalks celery with 2 Tbsp creamy Italian dressing
Dinner- grilled chicken, 2 Tbsp hollandaise sauce,  cup baby spinach (raw), 3 marinated artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup scallions, 2 Tbsp Creamy Italian Dressing.

That looks like a pretty balanced day of lean proteins, healthy fats, and veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment