Counting Down The Pounds

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Almost a Third of the Way!

I'm down exactly 15lbs. . . it's been about 6 weeks with 4 weeks being almost 100% Paleo (grain free).  I'm thinking it's about time to measure again. . . my 14's are officially falling off!  I can pull them off without unbuttoning them.  I don't have any 12's in my closet, so I'm hoping to make a quick transition into my 10's (of which I own several pair!).  I'll just wear a belt and have saggy butt syndrome until then. :-)

My friends are noticing. . . one said this morning, "I swear you've lost another 10lbs since last week. . . you are getting TINY".  Tiny is a overstatement. . . but I'm definitely shrinking again.  Yay!

For lunch today:
Leftover Cauliflower soup (this is a favorite in our household) w/ a small amount of raw sharp cheddar cheese and a bit of diced up uncured ham.  Joining my soup is a side of sauteed zucchini and mushrooms in Kerrygold butter.  This is not a high protein lunch, but I'm counting on the healthy fats to carry me through.  I love this soup and it's a great way to sneak in a couple extra servings of veggies.

Yes, I've made some not so healthy food choices along the way. . . for instance, this past weekend, Hubs and I stayed out of town and ate out the entire weekend.  I had 3 coffee shop mocha's -AND- 2 milkshakes over the course of three days.  Bad choices. . .but I made them consciously.  I didn't consume a bit of grain. . . I did have mashed potatoes with my steak and veggies.  BUT I didn't gain a pound (I didn't lose any either).   Monday and Tuesday I spent in carb detox and it wasn't fun. . . it's funny that as I eat standard American diet foods, I feel crummy.  I didn't realize how desensitized I was to foods until I took them out of my diet.   This amazes me, especially since I already ate much healthier than the average American (no gluten, only whole grains, limited sweets, no fast food, etc. . .).

I'm actually getting excited for family photographs at the beach in late Summer.  Looks like I won't have to hide behind the kiddos this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment