Counting Down The Pounds

Monday, May 7, 2012

On Not Being Hungry

I've been eating Paleo/Grain Free for just over a month now.  I'm not hungry.  I am eating plenty of protein, healthy fats, and veggies.  I miss cheese, but I'm surviving with just a tiny bit every now and then.

Last night, I made the children some delicious chocolate chip scones from The Gluten Free Almond Flour Coookbook (Elana Amsterdam).  I ate two with real butter on top.  That was definitely a cheat. . . since there was 1/4 cup of maple syrup (recipe called for agave) and 73% dark chocolate in them. . . but they were delicious. (Hard core paleo's would scoff at eating "treats". . . that's okay, I'm not nor will I ever be hardcore.)

For breakfast today, I avoided the scones (it was close) and sauteed up some mushrooms and organic broccoli slaw (Trader Joe's) in real butter and added two scrambled eggs.  Yum.

I didn't drink enough water over the weekend and my hands feel very dry today.  I'll work on correcting that balance today.

Over the weekend, we moved 7 yards of play ground fiber with shovels and wheelbarrows.  I think that was pretty close to natural body movements and boy was I sore the next day. 

I was back at the gym this morning. . . I know it's good for me but sometimes my bed is just so warm and cozy. . . it's hard to crawl out.  That's another place I'll never be hardcore. I don't find washboard abs on females to be attractive (or fertile), so you'll never find me striving to achieve that kind of body.

No comments:

Post a Comment