Counting Down The Pounds

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Where has Average Girl Been?

MIA. . .

Soooo much has happened over the last year and a half.  I remarried in December of 2010.  I started gaining weight because we eat out too much and I've gotten re-addicted to my sugar filled coffee shop coffees.

My guess is that I've regained most (if not all) of what I previously lost. . . and I know this is completely my fault for not sticking to what I know works.  We shall blame it on the new marriage... and the fertility drugs.  Oh, yeah... did I forget to mention that?  We've spent the last 15 months actively pursuing pregnancy with ZERO luck.  So, there is that.

Then there is the whole Celiac issue. . . I've been gluten free for a year now. . . and even though I can't grab a donut or a PBJ sandwich, I've continued to gain weight.  My thought was that maybe I entered starvation mode when I took an entire food group out.  Who knows, really. 

I keep saying I'm going to take the pounds back off. . . then Dutch Bros sneaks back in with a delicious sugary mocha. . . (and 400+calories/day!).  I tried Medifast. . . that lasted four days.  I was SICK.  It is obvious to me, with these low low calorie plans, I get too ill to continue.  I need enough calories of the right foods to sustain me.

So. . . I'm back on my 1200-1600 calorie plan starting with my first meal in the morning (it's almost bedtime now).  I will journal every morsel that goes in my mouth and I will only consume calorie free beverages (with the exception of fresh juice made at home, once a day).  I will avoid Dutch Bros like the plague.  I will not give in to my chocolate cravings (which have returned since I'm eating sugar again).   And the big clincher is. . . I will eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day.  These meals will be a combination of clean foods and a good combination of lean proteins, healthy fats, & complex carbs in addition to lots of fresh veggies (and fruits).

If I discover that this fertility cycle has failed (meaning the monthly visitor), then I will start back on Alli for two weeks (until ovulation) to help kick start things.  I find that I cannot take Alli for more than a couple weeks anyway or I get side effects even on the proper diet.

Guess I better update the weight loss clicker. . .  sigh. . . I loved watching it tick away.

No comments:

Post a Comment